If you have a contract that would deviate from your default mileage rates, you can set these in your carer contract types using custom rates.
You can choose from two options:
- Per mile - choose the rate per mile travelled for each method of transport. This is the default method.
- Fixed - set a fixed rate for each journey, irrespective of distance travelled.
Within the custom mileage rates, you can also set mileage bands. This will allow you to set different mileage rates for different distances travelled.
Using the below example, there are two mileage bands, up to 10 miles and up to 20 miles. The 10 mile rate is set at 20p per mile and the 20 mile rate is set at 25p per mile, the default rate is 30p per mile.
- If a journey is less than 10 miles, the carer would get 20p per mile.
- If the journey was between 10-20 miles, the carer would get 25p per mile.
- If the journey was over 20 miles, the carer would get 30p per mile (default rate)