When creating a journal entry, you can enter which category it falls under to easily differentiate them from other entries. There are a few categories that come set up in your web environment but these can be added, edited or removed as necessary.
To view and adjust these categories, go to Settings > Journal categories. You will see the following page:
- The name of the category.
- Clients - Does this category apply to clients.
- Carers - Does this category apply to carers.
To create a category, click on the + icon in the top right hand corner. The following form will appear:
Enter the name of the requirement and tick at least one of clients, or carers. Then click <Create>.
Note: The form will say required for both clients and carers if neither are ticked. Only one is necessary to be ticked and the "Required" statement will disappear once it has been.
The client journal is used to keep a log of correspondence with the client, including visit check outs, handover notes and concerns. There are three ways to update the client journal:
- Any booking notes made when creating a booking.
- Using the app to check out and make notes.
- Creating entries via the web environment.
Every check out made from the app will update the client journal and any notes, or handover notes will automatically be uploaded to the client journal. The app cannot access the journal, only the web environment.
To access the client journal from the web environment, head to Clients > [Client's name] > Journal.
Here we can see:
- The time and date the entry was created.
- Type - How the topic was brought up. For example; Check out notes, phone calls and emails.
- Category - What the entry is about. For example; A client concern, compliment, hospital admission.
- The content - The information given when the entry is created. Depending on the entry, this could be a couple of words to a paragraph.
- Filter switch - This button allows you to filter the results for:
- Booking notes (Includes handover notes)
- Check out comments
- Journal entries
Creating a journal entry
To create a journal entry, click on the + icon in the top right corner. This form will appear:
- The type - How the information was received.
- What category the information falls under.
- When it happened - This can be dated and timed accordingly. If set to a time, the journal entry will be moved so they show in reverse chronological order.
- Content - Details of the entry.
- Attachments - If there are any documents relevant to the entry, these can be uploaded here in PDF form.
Once the necessary information has been entered, click create and the entry will appear.
The carer journals work much in the same way as the client journals. The differences are in how they are created, and what they are used to log. As there is no standard check out entry created, there is no option to choose a date range for entries because there are generally less entries. There is also no filter, as the journal is the only place you can make an entry.
To view and create journal entries, go to Carers > [Carer's name] > Journal. Click on the + to create a new entry.
There will be some categories that differ for carers and clients for journal entries, but these can be added and amended by you as you see fit.
Who can see a journal entry?
Who can see a journal entry is entirely down to the user role set in the web environment. A carer is unable to see journal entries from their mobile app either.
To view and adjust who has access to see, make and amend journal entries; Head to Accounts > User roles > [User role you wish to view] and scroll down until you find <Carer journal entries> and <Client journal entries>. As they have different permission settings, it is possible to allow a user access to carer journals but not clients and vice versa.
There is also a section within this for <Journal categories>. This controls whether or not a user has access to view, edit and create categories.