If you are having trouble logging in to your web environment, there a few actions you can take:
- Check your email address is correct
- If you have been provided a managed G Suite account, this email address may be different to your company assigned one.
- Make sure CAPS lock is turned off
- Passwords are case-sensitive
- Reset your password
- At the bottom of the login screen for the web-app, click the 'Forgotten your password' link and fill in your email address. Instructions and a link to reset your password will then be emailed to you.
- Ask your Administrator to reset your password for you.
- If you get a "403 Forbidden" error you have likely only got the carer role assigned, and do not have permission to log in to the web environment.
Carer companion app
If you, or your carer are having trouble logging in to in to the companion app, there are a few things to look out for:
- "The user credentials are incorrect", "Invalid Grant" or a 401 error - This means that either the email or password or both are incorrect. This will be the email and password set up in the CareLineLive web environment. If the problem persists, try resetting the password on the environment and trying again. Make sure the spelling is correct on both.
- "java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host..."(Android) or "A server with the specified host name could not be found" (iOS) - This means that the server URL is incorrect. Double check the spelling of the URL and make sure that it is the same as the web address for your web environment
- "Unknown error" - The server URL has likely been input as an email address with an "@" sign. Make sure that it is the same as the web address for your web environment.
- Phone logs back to home screen when trying to log in/unable to open the app - Make sure that the operating system of the phone has been updated to the latest version and the latest version of the app has been installed. If the problem persists; uninstall the app, restart the phone and reinstall the app.
- 403 - Forbidden - This is received if a carer tries to log into the management portal through their web browser, rather than the app. Check the app is downloaded from the Play store or the App store and try again using that.
When creating or resetting a password, try to create one that is both memorable and secure. Using substitutions for letters, such as numbers can be difficult to remember and much easier to guess if someone is trying to hack into your account. The length of the password is much more important than numbers or symbols for security.
A better solution would be to choose 4 random, common words and put them together. For example; cheese shark clock again. This random combination of words is harder to guess as they are unrelated and there are many more variations that it could be.
This is usually easier to remember as well. You can create ways of remembering these by thinking of the things in a context. Using the above example you could imagine a shark made out of cheese, looking at a clock and saying "again?". This makes it easier to remember as it makes it personal to you.