The CareLineLive companion app is used by carers to show their rotas, tasks and allow them to check in and out from visits. The app is supported on Android and iOS. iOS users must have the google maps app installed on their phone.
- To install the app, search for CareLineLive in either the App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
- Once the app has installed, click on "open" or press the app icon, then accept all the permissions.
- You will then see the login page. Here you will need to enter the following information, which your office staff will provide for you:
- Server URL: (This is the same as the website address used to log in to your CareLineLive web environment).
Please make sure that the app is updated to ensure that it runs as smoothly as possible and that all the features are working as they should be.
Problems logging in?
If you, or your carer are unable to log in to their app, there are a few things to look out for:
- "The user credentials are incorrect" or "Unknown error - code 401" - This means that either the email or password or both are incorrect. This will be the email and password set up in the CareLineLive web environment under the carer profile in the <App> tab. If the problem persists, try resetting the password in the environment and trying again. Make sure the spelling is correct on both.
- "java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host..." (Android) or "A server with the specified host name could not be found" (iOS) - This means that the server URL is incorrect. Double check the spelling of the URL and make sure that it is in the format xxxxxx.carelinelive.com
- "Unknown error code 404" - the URL likely has an "@" sign in it to take the form of an email address, rather than a web address.
- Phone logs back to home screen when trying to log in/unable to open the app - Make sure that the operating system of the phone has been updated to the latest version and the latest version of the app has been installed. If the problem persists; uninstall the app, restart the phone and reinstall the app.
The CareLineLive app uses between 0.25 GB and 0.5 GB of data each month, on average. The amount used may vary if the carer needs to use Google Maps to find a client's address.
iOS users must have the google maps app installed on their phone as it is more consistently accurate with location data.